Tuesday, May 18, 2010
I’ve been feeling a bit more energetic lately. I don’t really know why. Maybe it’s because of all the things I’ve been thinking about I can do and experience, like going on exotic holidays, take more pictures of things I see and do, finish small chores that are left to do around the house, (finally) continue working on my school stuff and regularly updating this blog and my social network profiles such as Facebook. I don’t know. I guess I’m starting to feel like I want to be doing something useful. After all, I’m nearing 30 years of being alive, so it’s about friggin’ time too, right?

Actually, now that I think of it, I already am in my 30th year! Wow. Time flies when you’re having fun. Perhaps I should have a bit less fun. Seriously, 30! Thirty! That just feels like the true and final ending of my “young” days. It doesn’t all feel good, thinking of that fact. Of course, nothing really changes when I do turn thirty, it’s just the feeling that comes along with it. Oh well, I’ve a whole year to go until my 30th. I don’t have to worry about it yet.

Hanneke wasn’t at home yesterday evening (went out to watch America’s Next Top Model at her sister’s), so I invited my friend Germen over to play soccer on my Xbox, as we’ve done a couple of times lately. Seriously, that dude is getting better every time, LOL! How does he do that, while he doesn’t even own an Xbox, thus his only practice being the games he plays against me? Talented guy, perhaps, I don't know :). He and I are starting to become good friends, and I like that. Lately I’ve started to realize how much I’m missing those “manly” friendships, like the one I used to have with Daan until a couple of years ago, when I moved to the other side of the country. I actually talked to Daan recently and we decided to hook up again some day in the near future. I haven’t even seen his kids yet (he has two daughters and a third baby due in December!) and the last time I saw Daan himself was at my wedding in June last year. I’m a sucky friend, truly. *Reminder to self: be a better friend and keep up friendships!* But really, it will be fun to see him again and (maybe?) go out in Zwolle, just like the old days ?.

So now I’m in the train to Rotterdam, listening to some music and typing this on my laptop. The woman sitting right across me just started a really loud phone call. Incredible. My music is on pretty loudly at the moment, but I can hear her every word. That’s actually very annoying, LOL! I don’t want to know about photo’s the and “the girls” made and how cool they are. In fact, I don’t even believe her. How could a photo she’s in look good…? *looks startled* Did I type that out lous?? Bah, let me stop myself right here, because I’m starting to ramble now. Time to save this so I can upload it when I get to Rotterdam later.

Ciao!

0 comments: